Re: gcc2.95, libttf2, xfree86, and Alpha

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:28:50 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 04:53:34PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Branden, I suggest you take this approach.  Unfortunately, this will
> significantly slow down the speed of the rasteriser.
> > I guess something like the following (untested!) in
> xc/lib/font/Imakefile should do the trick:
> >   #ifdef AlphaArchitecture
>   CDEBUGFLAGS = /**/
>   #endif

Applied to my 0pre1v3 tree.

I would appreciate it if folks would test this once Alpha packages for
0pre1v3 are available (as of this writing, I haven't released the
sources yet).

Unfortunately, the patch 201_alpha_truetype_gcc_bugfix.diff did not have the intended effect. The definition of CDEBUGFLAGS in config/cf/Library.tmpl overrides it and is immediately used to define CFLAGS. I've tried a couple of things, but unfortunately, I don't see a way to build just the FreeType library without -O2 the way the Imakefiles are structured. But then again, I'm hardly an expert on imake or the XFree86 build system, so maybe somebody has a better idea.

-Doug