Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

HP rx4610 (4x Itanium), Debian unstable, 2.4.18-itanium-smp
Works without problems

HP i2000 (Itanium), Debian unstable, 2.4.18-itanium
Machine hangs after read #40; works with "fragile"

DEC UDB (Alpha 21066), Debian unstable, 2.4.6
Works without problems

I do think that blindly reading /dev/mem is a bad idea though ;)

Matt