Want to help fix xdm on MIPS

I have an Indy (MIPS R4600SC) that dies when I run xdm....

There is a known bug that causes xdm to Oops the 2.4.X kernels. I would
like to know if there is something I can do to help locate the cause of
this problem. I understand a decoded Oops is what is needed. Can anyone
point me in the right direction to what I need to read and understand in
order to do this. I know it's probably a Huge task, way beyond my
abilities, but thats what make it a challenge! And if I fail miserably -
you can say "I told you so!"

Thanks!

Mike Martin
mike . martin @ cogeco . ca