Re: # Re: Gatos deb's (was: Re: xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v3 (source,i386)available at the X Strike Force)

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 21:08, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > What do you need it for? If it's about Mach64, try
> >
> > > deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-mach64/	./
> >
> > I would need 2d acceleration for my ATI Radeon 7200 (VIVO 64MB DDR) very bad.
> > I'd like to dive myself into Quake 3 mapping with GTKRadiant map editor, but I
> > can't since the ati driver shipped with the current xserver, does not contains
> > any 2d acceleration...
> >
> > Are there any plans for integrating gatos 2d aacceleration into the xfree6
> > project's next debian release.
>
> GATOS doesn't do 2D acceleration AFAIK, don't you mean 3D anyway?
>
> Either way, try
>
> deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk/	./

I upgraded recently to these deb on my radeon 7000 system.  Now after
upgrade XF86 no longer comes up automatically and I cannot start it with
startx as a normal user, though root can.  xinit does bring up XF86
though. When using startx the x server fails silently with out any
errors or warnings.  I also cannot find a difference in the log files
between startx as a normal user and startx as root.  I also have noticed
a slow down in the system as a whole.  Any advice on what I should do?
Maybe someone could tell me how to simply remove these debs and replace
them with Branden's(which work wonderfully without any problems on this
system).  I would appreciate any help I could get.  Thankyou.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@sandm.hn.org