Re: trident noise

On Aug 21, 2002 at 12:11 +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:

> I have the same motherboard with their fanless 533MHz processor.
> The system has the problem that switching to text console and back
> (c-a-f1, a-f9) makes the screen dark (as if it was off), and after
> a little fiddling trying different options, look as if the horizontal
> lines are not properly synced and the screen is darker.

I had a similar problem on my laptop (Acer 340T using Trident
CyberBlade) with XFree86 4.1.0.  Switching back to X from console, or
waking up from suspend, caused the screen to "bloom", which I believe
is a symptom of improper sync timings.  The problem went away when I
upgraded to 4.2.0.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com