Re: access control issues in 4.2.0?

The following text was discovered Friday 16 August 2002 in a note
attributed to one "Joanne Hunter <jrhunter@menagerie.tf>":

> A few programs I've got seem to suddenly have issues with connecting to
> the X server.
> <snip>
> Is this a new retightening of X security, or a bug? If the former, how can
> I get X to allow these things to reconnect again? Despite my firewall, I
> don't exactly want to go around with access control completely disabled
> all the time. :)

Okay, I found it, and it's a Newbie Idiot Thing, as expected - ~/.Xauthority
was for some reason chowned to root.root. Changed that and now it works
again.

Sorry. :)

--
Joanne Hunter <http://menagerie.tf/~jrhunter/>  Say No to HTML Mail!/"\
 Of course, I don't know how interesting any of this really is,     \ /