"Inconsistency detected by ld.so" error??

I posted this problem to the users list earlier, but got no response. This
seems to be a problem with KDE, so the debian-x list seemed like the best
bet.

I am running current SID. X works, but so far I can only get it to work under
wmaker. No KDE apps; no Gnome apps.

Trying to run _any_ KDE or Gnome app (from a terminal in wmaker) will produce
the following error message:

	Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 62: elf_get_dynamic_info:
	Assertion '! "bad dynamic tag"' failed

Generally, for KDE this message shows up immediately. Gnome apps may actually
get as far as putting a window up before they crash with the above.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here? I did a search for the above error,
but found very little, and nothing that meant anything to me. Mostly postings
to the kernel development list, with answers like "try this patch".

I am running Debian testing/sid, with X 4.20 (installed from unofficial debs),
and kernel 2.4.19, on a Sony Vaio SR17 subnotebook.

Thanks,

Bruce