Re: xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v2 (source,i386) available at the X Strike Force

Hi Martin,
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:01:01PM -0400, Mike Martin wrote:
> I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to use the .debs for 4.2.0 on MIPS for
> a while now. It can't find the modules pcidata and bitmap. Neither can
> I! Actually, the whole "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules" directory does not
> exist. Is this because of what you explain above? I think I'm getting
> the "no modules at all" option, which isn't working out.
I did not try Branden's debs at all yet. From the size of the XFree86
executable it looks like the server was built with modules support but
the modules are not included. I'm just building pre2 right know. I'll
know more in a couple of hours.

> Is there an interm solution? I'd really like to get X working again!
Sure. Grab the statically compiled server from:
 http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/xfree86/bin/xfree86-2002-07-17.tar.bz2
Regards,
 -- Guido