Re: xft and xfree86-truetype-fonts

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 04:59:52PM -0700, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> The new redhat beta, limbo, uses xft and a package called
> xfree86-truetype-fonts for displaying schweet looking fonts.
>
> These packages are not included in the 4.2.0 series of debs. Do they
> just have different names? Is there some reason we don't include them?

Well, why don't you tell us what files are in those packages, and maybe
we can tell you if they come from the XFree86 source package or not?

* The name of a Red Hat package is not particularly meaningful.
* As far as I've been able to tell I'm shipping just about everything
  new that there is to ship.
* Do you read debian-devel, debian-legal, or Debian Weekly News?  You
  might interested to learn that most "schweet" TrueType fonts are
  non-free.  Red Hat cares a lot less about licensing than Debian does.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200208/msg00080.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Build a fire for a man, and he'll
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    be warm for a day.  Set a man on