Re: X 4.2.0 on Woody/mips: can't find modules

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:23:44 -0400
Mike Martin <mike@overlord.linux-dude.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:15:40 -0400
> Mike Martin <mike@overlord.linux-dude.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a Debian/Woody install on an SGI Indy with the Newport XL-24
> > gfx card. I had a working XFree86 until I upgraded to 4.2.0. Now it
> > can not find the necessary modules. Attached below is the error log.
> >
> > The packages were updated using dselect from
> > http://people.debian.org/~branden/sid/mips/.
> >
> > The ModulePath directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules" given does not exist
> > ... hmmmm....

In order to track down my own problem I've been looking through the
.debs for some of the other Architectures. The xserver-xfree86 debs for
the others I have looked at contain the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules directory
and a whole lot of module files. The xserver-xfree86 deb for mips has
none of these. Has something gone wrong with the build? Am I right that
these files are missing in error and should have been included?

Is there something I can do to help fix this? If the debs need to be
rebuilt, I'm willing to give it a go - although I've never built one
before so it may be a bit of a learning curve!

Thanks for the help.
Mike . Martin @ cogeco . ca
http: // overlord . linux-dude . com