Re: xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v1 available at the X Strike Force

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 05:11:05PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, this is a known bug in the glint driver with the pm3 chips, we did
> search a long time for it, and lately Alan Hourihane seems to have fixed
> this bug, i have not yet tested it though.
>
> It is already in 4.2.99.1, fix 128
>
>  128. Fix RGB/BGR inversion problem and screen blanking in the glint
>       driver (Alan Hourihane).
>
> And i attach the extracted diff here, so that Branden can include it in
> the forthcoming 4.2.0 packages (well, i just hope it don't depend on
> other post 4.2.0 stuff, i did not test it, but basically it is just a
> call to xf86BlockSIGIO/xf86UnblockSIGIO, so it should be easy to check
> if those exist already in 4.2.0.

You have a real talent for submitting patches that almost completely fail to
apply.

$ patch --dry-run -p0 < ../glint_rgb_fix.diff
patching file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/glint_driver.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 28.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 3607 (offset -24 lines).
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/glint_driver.c.rej
patching file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/pm2v_dac.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 447.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/pm2v_dac.c.rej
patching file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/README.pm3
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
Skipping patch.
3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/glint/README.pm3.rej

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to