Re: 4.2.0pre1v1 debs, dri support, intel i810

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:26:01PM -0700, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> Are you saying that the dri modules in xfree86 need to be compiled
> against the headers of the running kernel?

No, the DRI modules in XFree86 need to be *written* against the new
version of the interface.  This is not a compliation-environment issue.
It's source code issue.

> If I've updated my kernel modules to be the 1.2.0 versions, with the
> patch from xfree86.org, then do I need to recompile the xfree86 debs
> against the patched kernel source?

It wouldn't do any good.  Your kernel is ahead of your XFree86/Mesa DRI
modules.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more