Re: 4.2.0pre1v1 debs, dri support, intel i810

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:57:48PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > I just wanted to ask if there's a reason that the 4.2.0 pre1v1 debs
> > weren't compiled against the updated 1.2.0 kernel modules?
>
> It's not a matter of compiling against the kernel modules, on the
> contrary the source for them is in the XFree86 tree. The problems are
> that most kernel trees haven't been updated to the DRM versions required
> for 4.2.0 yet and the modules need to be built against the headers of the
> running kernel. The latter could be solved with a kernel module source
> package for use with kernel-package.

Are you saying that the dri modules in xfree86 need to be compiled
against the headers of the running kernel?

If I've updated my kernel modules to be the 1.2.0 versions, with the
patch from xfree86.org, then do I need to recompile the xfree86 debs
against the patched kernel source?

thanks for the help!

michael

--