Re: Radeon 8500 issues w/ 4.2-prev1

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 11:33:17AM -0700, J. Imlay wrote:
> I have tried several different setups with this, the 2D acceleration
> driver that comes stock works except that xvideo puts a black layer on top
> of the picture. (If I move the window fast, the movie will start to slide
> out from under the black window on top of it.) I can fix this by first
> playing something with xvidix (which requires root) and then after that
> xvideo will work a couple of times. I think this is the X ati driver and
> not the debs, but just stating that it doesn't all work for me here.

XVideo is not supported upstream on the Radeon 8500 in XFree86 4.2.0.

Keith Packard recently committed fixes to upstream CVS for it, though,
so we can likely expect this problem to be fixed in XFree86 4.3.0.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Software engineering: that part of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     computer science which is too