Re: X locks up the machine on start

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 03:12:32PM +0100, Balazs Javor wrote:
> I was wandering whether someone has had similar problems
> or has otherwise an idea what this might be:
>
> I have a Shuttle FV24 mainboard with a VIA PL133 chipset
> containing an integrated ProSavage4 graphics chip, with
> 32MB memory assigned from the main RAM.
>
> I've configured XFree with to use the 'savage' driver
> but every time I try to start x, it locks up solid the
> machine. I get a black screen and nothing responds anylonger.
[...]
> Does this ring a bell to somebody?

You can search our bug database for existing problem reports; you may be
able to supply additional information to an existing bug, and/or read
the bug logs to find discussion of workarounds or troubleshooting
techniques.

You can view the list of bugs in the XFree86 4.x server by visiting the
following URL:

http://bugs.debian.org/xserver-xfree86

I always include the name of the component of the package that has a
bug, if I can reasonably determine it from the report.  After bringing
up this URL, just search for the string "savage" to find existing bug
reports against the Savage driver.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Mob rule isn't any prettier just
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      because you call your mob a