XVideo failures with Voodoo3 Xfree86-4.0.2

Hi all,

I have been lurking on the list archive here for a while and have found a lot of usefull information. Kudos to you all. I have not however found an answer to my current problem. I am currently unable to get the xv extension to work.

What I mean is this. The XVideo Extension is shown loaded when I run xdpyinfo. When I run a program that try to use it, such as omi_gtk, a display window is shown for an instant and then the program segfaults claiming a shared memory error. I understand that the DRI projects CVS version has xv support for the Voodoo3. However, I believe that that requires also compiling and using thier kernel module. That wouldn't really be a problem by itself, but I prefer running straight Debian in so far as possible. Anyway, could it be possible that I need to compile and install a kernel module from Braden's patched X sources to get this to work?

Anyway, if it helps omi_gtk gives the following log errors specifically:

LOG_ERROR video_out_x11.c:_xshm_create#503 Shared memory error, disabling (seg id error: Invalid argument) LOG_ERROR video_out_x11.c:_xshm_create#503 Shared memory error, disabling (seg id error: Invalid argument) LOG_ERROR video_out_x11.c:_xshm_create#503 Shared memory error, disabling (seg id error: Invalid argument) LOG_ERROR video_out_x11.c:_xshm_create#503 Shared memory error, disabling (seg id error: Invalid argument)
Segmentation fault

I am interested in solving this problem but am unsure of where to proceed from here. Please CC me on any replies as I am not yet subscribed to the list.

ThankYou
Jason