Mach64 and the RENDER extension

Hi,

As stated on this and Xfree's Xpert mailing list, X4.0.2 doesn't
have RENDER support for Mach64 (=the non-Radeon non-r128 part of the
ati driver); it got added with patch no. 7[1] right after the
release. There's another patch, #68 that disables the RENDER
extension if shadowfb is used; what I'd like to know is whether the
Xfree debs in unstable are built from a CVS snapshot or from
Xfree-4.0.2 release source code with lots of individual patches
(without the Mach64 render patch, specifically)?

BTW, thanks for the great packaging!

(and I'm building my own Xfree server from CVS now, just to be sure
it works *there* :-))

-Malte #8-)

[1] numbers taken from the xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/CHANGELOG
file