xfree86-4.0.2.tar.gz

Tonight, I was playing around with the xserver-xfree86 source deb, and noticed that the mentioned file, located in xfree86-4.0.2/upstream/archives is still a gzipped tarball.  This makes it a bit difficult for people like me (who don't know what they're doing yet) to do things like put Matrox' mga/ directory in place and build a custom xserver-xfree86 package.  Is there a good reason for this, or is this merely an oversight?

--
-=|JP|=-    "This space intentionally left blank."
Jon Pennington          | Debian 2.4                 -o)