Re: missing fixed fonts?

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 11:51:55PM +0000, John Gay wrote:
> After a recent apt-get upgrade, X can no longer find the fixed font and
> crashes. I've been through the /var/log/X log file but the only problem is
> the final crash with the missing 'fixed' font error. X does find all the font
> directories fine. Before the latest upgrade, I had KDE2.2.2 working fine with
> anti-aliasing enabled. Now I don't even have X.

I've been consistently tracking unstable for a few months now and
experienced the same after an upgrade about a month ago. I reinstalled
the various xfonts-* packages I had and it fixed the error.
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://pobox.com/~osi
jabber/ osi@fotap.org - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx