Re[2]: woody: installation failure of xlibs

Hello Branden,

BR> Did you somehow manage to upgrade xcontrib in the same run as xlibs?  I
BR> can't see how its app-defaults files managed to stay in
BR> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults even after xlibs' preinst script moved
BR> that directory to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults.moved-by-preinst.

BTW: I know this doesn't fix the real problem, but as a work around
fix, I did a # dpkg -r xlibs (and all dependents) and the a
# apt-get -f install , which basically did a dpkg -i xlibs and
everything worked out. The install scripts even removed the obsolete
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults directory.

As to what causes this glitch, I have no idea. (out of my league).

cheers,

 Andreas                            mailto:ahatz@greenflow.com.au