Re: PROPOSED: new package: xinit

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 07:02:22PM -0700, Tal Danzig wrote:
> * On Tue Oct 23, 2001 19:48:49 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Congratulations, you guys are totally killing my motivation for
> > implementing this proposal in any way.
>
> Well, I tried to help and provide some constructive input, but I guess I
> should have known better.  If you didn't want input, then why did you
> ask?

Thanks for your attempts, but your suggested cures are worse than the
disease.

Just because people offer input doesn't mean that feedback is useful or
desirable, or that the original proposal was sound.

In fact, this thread has showed me that there are reasons to postpone a
change of this magnitude until after woody has been released.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to