Re: PROPOSED: new package: xinit

* On Tue Oct 23, 2001 18:14:28 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:38:11PM -0700, Tal Danzig wrote:
> > Hmm, since the packages in xinit used to be part of xbase-clients, what
> > about having xbase-clients depend on xinit?
>
> Uh, because there IS no de facto dependency?

I realize that, but it would make an upgrade path that would prevent
people from getting the latest xbase-clients and ending up without the
programs in xinit.

Anyway, I just though of something else.  You could put xinit, xauth,
and startx in both packages, then have them conflict with each other.
xbase-clients could then Provide: xinit.

Thoughts?

- Tal

--
Tal Danzig        |     Libranet GNU/Linux
tal@libranet.com  |  http://www.libranet.com

GPG Fingerprint: 8BE6 B973 BC1C 0CA0 CEE5  4874 C741 0BD5 B3A2 5512
Public key available from wwwkeys.pgp.net