Re: PROPOSED: new package: xinit

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 03:18:05PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I don't think people will get xbase-clients in the current situation.
>
> In my experience of upgrading several systems, upgrading from potato shall see
> most of X-related packages being removed, notably, "startx" goes missing.
>
> If we kept "task-x-window-system-core" package, that might have helped us
> upgrade (i am not sure), but we don't have such thing to keep our packages
> together, it seems.
[...]
> bin/bash-2.03# apt-get dist-upgrade -s |more

Could you run this again with the following option to apt:

apt-get -u -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true dist-upgrade

And post your results here?

We need to know if this is a bug in apt, or there is some extra degree
of finagling that needs to be done with the XFree86 package
relationships.

Thanks very much for your help!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to