Re: Dualhead ATI Radeon VE

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:28:17PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 05:08, Edward C. Lang wrote:
>
> > So I make that change, and now I see:
> >
> > Fatal Server error:
> > Requested Entity already in use!
> >
> > I assume that's a driver issue, and not resolvable by simple configuration
> > file changes?
>
> Is the 4.1.0 driver even supposed to support dualhead on these chips?
> Maybe the current CVS driver does, you may want to ask on the
> Xpert@XFree86.Org list.

Well... looking at the driver source[0], I see the following comment:

 /* Xinerama has sync problem with DRI, disable it for now */
                if(xf86IsEntityShared(pScrn->entityList[0]))
                {
                    info->directRenderingEnabled = FALSE;
                    xf86DrvMsg(scrnIndex, X_WARNING,
                        "Direct Rendering Disabled -- "
                        "Dual-head configuration is not working with DRI "
                        "at present.\nPlease use only one Device/Screen "
                        "section in your XFConfig file.\n");
                }

So maybe I'll try a kernel with no DRI support. But that's going to suck in
different ways.

Regards,

Edward.

[0] http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon_driver.c