Re: Alt, Meta ...

HvdM> Aah, I see. I talked to this friend, I think he lied, couldn't figure it
HvdM> out. I've installed on another machine where I discovered this to be the
HvdM> case. So to get e.g. emacs to use alt instead of win-key (more
HvdM> conveniently placed ;) I need to edit the X keymap?

Just change to the pc102 keymap, which will disable the use of the
Windows keys and put both Alt and Meta on the alt key.

I believe that upstream has reverted to a more reasonable mapping in
later versions, although I can't confirm it yet (I'm on modem right
now, and not following upstream CVS as regularly as I usually do).

                                        Juliusz