FYI: 4.1.0-0pre1v5 vs DRM vs linux 2.4.7

Attached is a series on messages from dri-users, the DRI users' list.
Basically the DRM modules in 4.1.0 are not in sync with 2.4.7.  I
haven't checked, I don't use the mentioned .debs.  It would be helpful
if someone can deny or confirm this, as it would create more trouble for
users trying to setup the DRI on Debian.

FWIW, the DRM interface is probably going to change at least once more
after 4.1.0.

--
Marcelo             | Mrs Evadne Cake was a medium, verging on small.
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)
Shanker Balan <shanu@exocore.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just upgraded from X4.0.3 to 4.1.0-0pre1v5 available at
> http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/i386/ via apt-get. Now when i
> start any GL application like tux racer or quake, only the background is
> rendered. All the other images are missing. I also upgraded to kernel
> 2.4.7 at the same time so i cant really say which is the problem.
>
> For example, in tux racer all i get is the snow capped mountain backdrop
> and nothing else. And in quake, all i see is a gun which does not
> refresh itself when moved.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> -- Shanu
>
> --
>  ------------------------------------------( Shanu )-----
>  Shanker Balan            http://people.exocore.com/shanu
>  God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.

Did you recompile your DRM kernel module with the 4.1 drm source?

If no, you might want to grab it from http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh

I'm using Branden't pre1v5 debs here with a Matrox G400 and everything is
smooth.

Sean
--
OpenPGP key available from http://frodo.net.dhis.org/GnuPG/sjohnson.asc

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello:

Sean wrote,
> Did you recompile your DRM kernel module with the 4.1 drm source?
>
> If no, you might want to grab it from http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh
>
> I'm using Branden't pre1v5 debs here with a Matrox G400 and everything
> is smooth.

Do i need to do that? I thought the kernel DRM code is now in sync with
X4.

Nevertheless, i am giving the X4 DRM modules a shot now.

-- Shanu

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello:

Shanker Balan wrote,
> Nevertheless, i am giving the X4 DRM modules a shot now.

Using the X4.1.0 DRM modules cured it.

Thanx Sean!

-- Shanu