Re.: X11 stopped working on my machine

Thank you for the the responses.

Debconf did not ask about the fbdev.  debconf show indicates that
debconf is not enabled.  It is off.

I tried running the with three kernels.  I think I have
not enabled framebuffer support in at lesat two of them.

I will pull out of this version.  Can you recommend an
easy way to downgrade to the version in sid?

Thank you very much for the very helpful information.

Alan Davis

adavis@saipan.com                                      1-670-235-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  PMB 30, Box 10006, Saipan, MP 96950-8906, CNMI

 I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
 hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one on
 every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)