Re: macintosh keyboard layout in XF4.1pre3

Branden Robinson wrote:

> Don't CC me on lists that I read, like this one.
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 01:18:40AM -0700, rillian wrote:
> > I recently tried the prerelease xf4.1 packages on my apple g4 powerbook.
> > The upgrade seems to be working fine. One issue though: the config
> > script asked me about my keyboard, and I did select macintosh. I don't
> > know whether it actually modified by XF86Config or not, but the setting
> > of "XkbLayout" "us" was very wrong.
> >
> > This combination works:
> >
> >      Option "XkbRules"        "xfree86"
> >      Option "XkbModel"        "macintosh"
> >      Option "XkbLayout"       "macintosh"
> >
> > I've heard an identical report on an apple ibook2.
>
> I'm not going to do anything about this without more conclusive info.
> Ethan, Michel?

I guess Ethan isn't on this list, so...

As I said before, "XkbModel" "macintosh" is broken for me, I need to use
"macintosh_old".

This configuration 'works' for them because Xkb is in fact disabled:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Error:            Can't find file "macintosh/macintosh" for symbols include
>                   Exiting
>                   Abandoning symbols file "default"

This actually works for me:

        Option          "XkbRules"	"xfree86"
        Option		"XkbModel"	"macintosh_old"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
        Option  	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"

We'll hopefully soon be able to use the "pcxxx" model anyway.