Re: macintosh keyboard layout in XF4.1pre3

Don't CC me on lists that I read, like this one.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 01:18:40AM -0700, rillian wrote:
> I recently tried the prerelease xf4.1 packages on my apple g4 powerbook.
> The upgrade seems to be working fine. One issue though: the config
> script asked me about my keyboard, and I did select macintosh. I don't
> know whether it actually modified by XF86Config or not, but the setting
> of "XkbLayout" "us" was very wrong.
>
> This combination works:
>
>      Option "XkbRules"	"xfree86"
>      Option "XkbModel"	"macintosh"
>      Option "XkbLayout"	"macintosh"
>
> I've heard an identical report on an apple ibook2.

I'm not going to do anything about this without more conclusive info.
Ethan, Michel?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |   The first thing the communists do when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |   they take over a country is to outlaw