Re: XFree86 4.1.0-0pre1v2 available for i386,powerpc,sparc

Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> Mark Montague wrote:
>
> > Anyway, it might be worth noting with the question that there may be a
> > severe performance hit for some cards with using UseFBDev.
>
> Excuse me? It should have exactly zero impact on performance.

You're right with 4.1 I must have been remembering wrong; sorry. Was
there some time in the past where the fbdev option would hit the mga
driver hard, or am I just remembering wrong?

			- M

--
Mark "Monty" Montague | monty@gg.caltech.edu  | I don't do Windows(tm)
		 main(){printf("I am self-aware\n");}