Re: XFree86 4.1.0-0pre1v2 available for i386,powerpc,sparc

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> Do you want an xserver-xfree86 debconf question for "UseFBDev"?  I only
> need to ask if [ -d /dev/fb ], correct?

Um, checking for /dev/fb only works for a devfs system-- is woody
committed to that? I thought it was optional still, although I haven't
really been paying attention.

Anyway, it might be worth noting with the question that there may be a
severe performance hit for some cards with using UseFBDev.

I also am still finding that the mga driver gets confused over which
card is which. It's probably an upstream issue, but I figured I'd
mention it in case you want to put it in the "known problems" or some
such. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll know a bit more, now that I found a way
to cause the bug without locking up the kernel.

Everything else works without a hitch, by the way... thanks for all
the good work.

				- M

--
Mark "Monty" Montague | monty@gg.caltech.edu  | I don't do Windows(tm)