Re: [Fonts]Re: Fonts in XFree86 4.1.0

Around 21 o'clock on Jun 7, "Mike A. Harris" wrote:

> 2) What work needs to be done to xfs/Xserver to finish the job
>    (itemized preferably), and how complex would this work be to
>    get done?  What amount of timeframe would it take?

PCF was designed to support multiple encodings from the same file; there
are table entries per encoding.  If this isn't too horribly broken, we
should be able to embed the separate encoding files into the same PCF file
and then whack the dickens out of the font library to pull only the
requested glyphs from the file.

I didn't do this when I wrote the existing X PCF reader, but I believe DEC
did in their original PCF code.

keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.