Re: Problems starting X,v.4.0.3 -- still

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> Uncomment "Option NoHal" on your device clause.  Alternatively, get the
> mga_hal binary only module from matrox.com.  This will solve the mga_hal
> warning at the very least...

I did this, now there comes no error message anymore -- but the problem
still exists: the server fails while starting with the error message:
    Fatal server error:
    could not open default font 'fixed'

Is there any possibility to define a default font explicitely.

If yes, where and how can I define this?

Thanks,

Lukas
Btw: I am running a 2.4.3 kernel -- without any noticeable problems
(except a bus master problem of the 3c59x-driver when running in 100Mbps
mode '-)