Re: dpms on Dell Inspiron 4000

In your message of: 05 May 2001 18:08:15 EDT, you write:
>I'm having trouble getting dpms working on a Dell Inspiron 4000 with
>an ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF using Adrian Bunk's xserver-xfree86

The r128 driver supports true DPMS.  If you have an external display
connected to your laptop it will turn it off as requested, but the
driver does not support turning off the laptop's lcd display.  The
only option at this time is to switch to a non-X console and let the
kernel's apm driver turn off the lcd.