XF86Config-4 for 4.0.2-13

Hi,
I installed X4.0 on a Sony Vaio, it seems to have an ATI Rage128 Pro card
which is not yet supported by the ati driver (and the rage128 fails
miserably to install..). Using the VESA driver works fine, however creating
the config file dows not work automatically.
I am running a 2.2.19 kernel and I get this:
Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
  Driver "mouse" Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

There is no /dev/input/mice on my box, I selected psaux during configuring,
but still /dev/input/mice is written in the config. I changed it by hand to
/dev/psaux and it works fine then. Bug? Or do I need to run a 2.4 kernel or
did I configure something wrong in my selfbuilt kernel?

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/