Re: TrueType fonts in X.

Hello Take-san,

I just noticed yesterday that both defoma and gs-5.50 (with defoma
support) are in the Debian unstable archive now.  I was pleasantly
surprised!  :-)

Yes, it is a goal that the font packages migrate to use defoma, at least
for the Chinese fonts that the Debian Chinese Project is doing.
Having said that, I probably won't have time to look into it until mid or
late April because of all the projects at school that are due very soon
now.  (And I am really behind... Yikes!)

Anyhow, I am interested in what Branden thinks too and it would be great
if you, Branden and other developers could work out the migration strategy
or even put everything into the Debian Policy eventually.  :-)

Thanks a lot for your great work!  The defoma framework opens up great
opportunity for better font management and user-installable fonts etc.
etc.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada