Re: APT-able Debian DRI CVS packages ready for testing.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 06:09:32AM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:

> Ok, perhaps I'm really dense, but what's the advantage of using this over
> just using Branden's X debs?  I have 3d acceleration and working DRI for
> both my V3 and my G450 as it stands, without adding any further software.
>
> And I can turn it on or off as I want (if I need 24 bit for something,
> for example).
>
> So, what's the scoop?

Well, I develop a large OpenGL visualization application for weather radar
volume data, and my G400 card would freak out and paint garbage all over
the screen whenever I loaded up some big textures.  So I was waiting for
someone to get the latest DRI stuff aptable, and I am grateful.  My recent
workaround has been to use the utah-glx stuff, but then I didn't get
antialiased fonts in KDE.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA