broken key configuration in unstable / policy rules needed?

Hi people!

First: I am sick of the stuff I am writting about.

I have more and more problems with configuration of HOME and END keys in the
current unstable. On my system, they work today in

Gnome Terminal in any environment
konsole on !KDE
rxvt
wterm
any X apps, including Tk, Gtk, Qt, ...
slang and ncurses apps in any terminals (local)

and they are broken in readline apps in
konsole in KDE!

and completely broken in
xterm
Eterm
remote shells in any x-terminals

Is this a known bug? I remember the Del/Backspace trouble while Potato
frozen, the current situation is similar to this. Do we need a new
policy rule to force all maintainers of x-terminal-emulators to fix
the key configuration?

What is going wrong there? While trying to find the reason for the
chaos, I noticed that there are no up-to-date Xressources in
/etc/X11/Xressources/! But this directory is searched by Xsession for
Xressource files. What about all the files in /etc/X11/app-defaults/? If
I do "xrdb -merge" them into running X, I get strange results. (Got many
error messages, high CPU usage, misconfigured X-Server where no X apps
could start, Xressource settings were completely fucked up etc.). So
which file should be loaded while "startx"? Questions, questions...

MfG,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04 5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5