Re: Help needed, TDFX [Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 23, 2001]

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 03:20:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 02:48:23PM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> > X4 no longer knows about glide2
>
> That's not precisely true.  xfree86 Build-Depends on libglide2-dev for a
> reason; to build the "glide" driver which gives you a *2D* X environment on
> Voodoo Graphics and Voodoo2 cards.

More accurately, I should have said the X4 tdfx driver no longer knows
anything about glide2.

Sadly, it is very likely non-trivial to get the tdfx driver working with
both glide2 and DRI source wise, let alone run time.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.

>OK, fine. You're arguing semantics, though.

"arguing semantics" is not the same as "arguing nomenclature".  My DI
was very good at arguing semantics. He had this funny idea  that an
"unloaded" weapon was one that you had personally inspected  and that
the semantic difference mattered. Something about not  wanting to do
the paperwork of one of us killed someone with an  unloaded weapon.
Most technical debates are ultimately about semantics,  but that
doesn't mean that they are unimportant.
  -- Shmuel Metz and Steve Sobol on ASR.