Re: nVIDIA XFree86 4.0 binary driver

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:35:40PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote / Chris Cheney hat am Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:35:40PM -0600 geschrieben:
> I uploaded packages for the nVIDIA kernel module and glx driver.  The packages
> (...)

Thanks for the packages.... i perhaps should have read the posting BEFORE
trying to fix some things ind the package...

> The nVIDIA driver does not include libGLU though (grr) so I can not conflict
> or provide libgl1 at this time. :(  Also I just realized I packaged it to work
> with mesag3 which is outdated.  I will fix that soon and depend on xlibmesa3
> instead.

What was the problem, just to put libGLU in the package? it contains no
direct dependency with the nvidia-driver and works fine with it.

but xlibmesa3 should conflict with your package, because it also contains
libGL and libGLX.

i built a package, that contains libGLU and provides xlibmesa3

something left, as far a i remember... i am not at home now, so i can
remember... The manpages? some static files from *-dev... ? I should have a
look later.

> Any comments?  (no flames please) :)

best wishes from germany :-)

Ingo Reimann

--
Globe GmbH                           reimann@globe.de
Dipl.-Phys I. Reimann                +49 251 5205 410