Re: Where do I get discover?

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:47:03AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> This may or may not be the right forum, but: how's that going?  It
> seems like a pretty cool project to me, and it will rock when Debian
> has decent hardware auto-detection (always one of its
> limitations). When might we expect it in debian ?

A) when someone gets time

B) when it is decided how to proceed with Progeny's forked .lst files in
libdetect.

I am not at *all* opposed to supporting some alternative mechanism for the
xserver .config scripts to auto-answer the same debconf questions that
Progeny does with discover.

The two templates are:

shared/default-x-server
xserver-xfree86/config/device/driver

See xserver-xfree86's .config script for how I am currently handling this.
It is easily extensible to support tools other than discover.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The only way to get rid of a temptation
Debian GNU/Linux                |    is to yield to it.