Re: Meta with XFree86 4.0.2 on potato

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:25:08PM +0100, Sven Gaerner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my XFree System to 4.0.2 on potato. Now I'm missing the Meta on my
> Win95 keyboard. Under 3.3.6 the Windows-Key was the Meta key in emacs. Now this
> does not work.
>
> Does someone have an idea how to solve.
>
> I'm using the us_intl keymap and have nodeadkeys enabled.

I don't know if this will help you, but my InputDevice section looks like:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

I think that the most important Options to you are XkbModel and XkbLayout.  My keyboard is just a standard-issue US-spec 104-key Logitech with Windows keys.  HTH

--
-=|JP|=-    "This space intentionally left blank."
Jon Pennington          | Debian 2.4                 -o)