Re: possible libc 2.2.1/xf4.0.2 bug

> > > And -- oops -- today my X got the same deadly signal.
> > > (although it took *much* longer than 30 seconds for X to die;
> > > I guess, it was working for about 5 hours).
> > > Recently (yesterday?), I upgraded libc from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (both from woody).
>
> no problems with X here. Are you guys maybe trying to get the Nvidia
> drivers installed, using 2.4 kernels? DRI patches?

I have another card: Matrox Mystique. Yes, I am using 2.4.0 kernel.
I suspect that my problem was connected with swapping:
after I enabled to swap/unswap/free swap by smaller portions
(using /etc/sysctl.conf), the problem completely disappeared.

(I have 24 Mb of physical RAM. I.e., a lot of swapping.)

--Edward