Re: [Xpert]X4 and S3 ViRGE/MX problems

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Dear Kevin and XFree86 developers,
> The system runs perfectly fine using the vesa driver (log here ), but when I
> try to use the proper s3virge, the computer completely freezes up, not even
> responding to kernel magic SysRq keys.

Just to say that I've also got this problem; although moving libddc solved
it. Moving libvbe (and putting libddc back) seems to work better.
I've also posted lots of logs and a problem description to the
xpert@xfree86.org list some time ago.
I've never tried magic SysRq, however, ssh/telnet via a pcmcia card was
down.

--
Regards, Iain.Thomas@dial.pipex.co.uk.
My website: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~csuli/