Re: Installed XFree86 4.0.1-0phase1v18 -- some questions

(Thanks to Chris Pimlott for pointing me to a more up-to-date mailing
list archive so that I could finally read the reply.)

Branden Robinson wrote:

> Darn.  phase1v19 has been out for a few days.

Yeah, I noticed. And now that I've installed phase1v19, it seems phase2
is already well underway. I just can't seem to win! (Seriously, I'll
probably upgrade again this weekend.)

Is there a README to go with the packages, or is everything I need to know
on your Web page?

> The package changelog will inidicate what version was used.  For either v18
> or v19 I stablized on 4.0.1c.

Must have been v19, because I didn't see it in the v18 changelog. (I did
see it in the v19 changelog.)

> That is intentional.  The screen colors are defined in
> /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color.

Actually the colours wasn't the main issue for me. I know how to change
those.

The real problem is that I used to be able to change font size with the
Ctrl-<right click> xterm menu, but that broke when installing v18. (The
fonts were listed as font1, font2, etc. and selecting either of them
would just produce a beep.) Loading /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm manually
with xrdb made it work again, which is why I figured that maybe
app-defaults weren't being handled correctly.

I'll have to look closer at XTerm-color when I get back home. Maybe even
read some documentation to finally understand how those things work. :-)

Torbjörn Andersson