Re: XFree86 4.x Phase 2 is ready

On Thu, Sep  7, 2000 at 01:35:20 -0500 (+0000), Branden Robinson wrote:
> [followups to debian-x, please]
>
>    [7 September] Phase 2 .debs of XFree86 4.0 are now available. These

Great work!

Do you want bug reports about X with this?  I have a local install of 4.0.1
at work running multihead over 3 monitors.  I've found two bugs so far - one
of which kills the X server.

left and right are matrox (G200 IIRC), middle is savage4 in vesafb I think.

a)  any backdrop appears fine in the L & R monitors, but the middle one is a
    copy of the left one.

b) any communication from a big-endian (AIX (ppc) or Solaris (ultrasparc))
client (even "xrdb -query -display linuxbox:0") kills the X server if it has
permission (e.g. xhost +machine). So ATM I disable all access from other
boxes.

These bugs are on my local install, not yours!  I'd just like to know if you
want me to check these against yours and file bugs (or email them).

PS: Please cc me - I'm not subscribed to debian-x.

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org