Re: Possible solution to Netscape crashing problem

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 04:09:39PM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Further investigation showed that only building two files (Callback.o and
> Destroy.o) in libXt with gcc272 instead of gcc semms to cure the problem.
> I have put a libXt built this way at http://pandora.debian.org/~sgybas/
> together with a signature made with my Debian key.

Hmm..

Using this copy of libXt, I have no problem on a page which would almost always
crash netscape (it required a number of different images, each with their
own basic authentication, and usually by the time I'd filled out all the
dialogs, netscape would crash).

And, if I revert to the libXt.so.6.0 which came in version 3.3.6-1 of xlib6g,
netscape crashes without fail on this page.  [I'm using netscape 4.08.]

--
Raul