USB Wacom Tablet not working in 4.0.2-1

I have a USB Wacom tablet here, all the kernel level stuff is setup properly. I have an entry in my XF86Config like so...

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Wacom"
    Driver        "wacom"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
    Option        "Type"   "stylus"
    Option        "USB"    "on"
EndSection

just like the wacom manpage says to do. However when I start x I get the following error.

(**) Wacom serial device is /dev/input/event0
(**) Wacom is in relative mode
(**) Option "USB" "on" The USB version of the driver isn't available for your platform
(**) Option "BaudRate" "9600"
(**) Wacom: serial speed 9600
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom" (type: Wacom Stylus)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Logitech" (type: MOUSE)
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
Wacom write error : Unknown error 1004

Running Version: 4.0.2-1

The manpage says Linux is the only platform that supports the USB Option, was 4.0.2-1 not compiled with USB support? If so, was there a reason or was it just overlooked?

--Stephen

please cc: replies, im not subscribed to the list