[BUG?] Xfree86 -configure doesn't start up

Hi there,

I'm using your potato debs of Branden's Xfree 4.0 packages
(version 4.0.1-8), with an AGP Matrox G400, a 2.4.0-test12
kernel compiled with DRI support.

Not finding any directions to the contrary, I just installed
the packages using apt and then ran xf86cfg.  It refused to
start up.  The log file of the session is attached.

If there's something I've obviously missed, I apologise, but
I have looked.  Is this a bug?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.
This is a pre-release version of XFree86, and is not supported in any
way.  Bugs may be reported to XFree86@XFree86.Org and patches submitted
to fixes@XFree86.Org.  Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions,
please check the latest version in the XFree86 CVS repository
(http://www.XFree86.Org/cvs)

XFree86 Version 4.0.1f / X Window System
Release Date: 16 November 2000
	If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
	newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
	reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.17 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.8.log", Time: Thu Dec 28 01:37:13 2000
(++) Using config file: "/root/XF86Config.new"
Parse error on line 43 of section Modes in file /root/XF86Config.new
	This section must have an Identifier line.
(EE) Problem parsing the config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal server error:
no screens found

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.8.log".
Please report problems to submit@bugs.debian.org.