Re: [Fwd: [Xpert] Re: XFree86 4.0.2 build problem on Linux (solution?)]

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 02:22:04PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> "Christian T. Steigies" wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 03:44:48PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > >
> > > Christian, I hope this solves your building problems.
> > I have no building problems, I have "loading" problems. But thanks for the
> > pointer.
>
> memcpy should never be referenced directly so I suspect you do have build
> problems, even if they show up only at runtime.
And why would that part work with 4.0.1 and (IIRC) 4.0.1RC3 but not with
RC4? AFAICS the releavant source has not changed for quite some time, if I
have looked in the correct place.
I will try again with 4.0.2 and if it fails to load again, I will look at
that fix. If you give me a good reason to do that now, I will try to hack
that in. Or maybe Branden has already included the fix as a debian patch?
After all it should affect all builds and not only the ones on the slowest
machines?

BTW Egbert did not answer yet, maybe I should mail him in german to his
university address? After the holidays?

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/